The one cool thing, one strange thing swap
Looking at my stash of sewing goods I can see a couple of things which I’m not going to be using in the near future (or in some cases, ever). This may be because they are extras of things I already have, or because I’ve already made something similar enough to give them a miss or because my design aesthetic has changed since buying them. It would be awesome to swap these for things I can use.
Which brings me to, the one cool thing, one strange thing swap (loud, 70s sci-fi echo-y galactic announcement voice).
It works like this: I will pick one cool thing from my stash (a thing I loved when I bought it and that I still have feelings for *sniff* but) that I’m not likely to use. To this, I will add one strange thing from my stash, a thing which I obviously loved enough to buy, but can no longer remember why. These two things I will send (with or without accoutrements) to one sewist(a) who will use them (extra points for using both things together) to make a new thing and document the process online. If I can afford the postage I will send extras (these will most likely be outright weird things).
Also, there’s a button. Or two.
Are you interested in doing the one cool thing one strange thing swap? Then read on.
- Crappy things not allowed.
- Entries will be accepted until March 31st, 2012 and a list of interested swap contributors drawn up.
- Each swap contributor will send one cool thing and one strange thing to their nominated swap partner within a month.
- I will send an extra cool/strange thing combo to three extra people (randomly drawn) from the list (pretty much immediately).
- If you have more than one cool/strange thing you’d like to send let me know and I’ll see what I can do about pairing you with others interested in doing the same.
- You’re free to add other (nice) things to your contribution if you like.
Alriiiiight! I’m gonna sit with the cool kids!
All images remain copyright of their respective owners. Images not generated by me have been used under an attribution no derivatives, non-commercial license.