Wrap-Front Playsuit: Patrones 315, romper 31
Not a huge amount to say here. Love this playsuit. I’ve incorporated popper buttons (
press studs? Snaps!) along the seam that runs from the inner left hem to the inner right hem. So it’s all cool. I’ve only worn it out once though. Over a bikini. So in that sense it is a bit of a blooper.
I won’t shorten it as much next time. Probably a good idea to modify the wrap front wrap drape as well. The actual garment has two little open-ended tucks at the shoulders that the pattern and the line diagram are missing.
I made the illustrations using Pebeo seta scrib markers. Similar to what I did here (but done months earlier. I made this romper and then winter arrived so there really hasn’t been an opportunity to wear it). Tutorial here.
Pattern: Patrones 315, Playsuit 31
Fabric: Outer-some sort of poly-cotton nightmare that wrinkles like crazy but has a really cute embossed net pattern on it. Lining-cotton voile.
- Shortened the top by 2cm (although 1.75 cm would have sufficed).
- Cut the sleeves with selvedge ‘hems’
press studssnaps/poppers along the ‘A seam’ from inner left hem to inner right hem
- Lined the shorts portion with cotton voile.
Cotton tights by Marilyn.
Disclaimer: All non-self-generated images remain copyright of their owners and are used here for purposes of discussion and review.