My mum’s started painting again (and by that I mean the artistic kind of painting not the house kind) and looking at all her makes (on Google+!) inspired me to get the old brushes dusted off and slopping. Also, I recently bought a sh*tload of Pebeo from dickblick and the time had come to utilise it.
Pattern: Vogue 1046 American Designer Anna Sui, from Karen’s Pattern Pyramid
Supplies: Sapphire blue Modal Jersey, Gutterman Thread, Pebeo Opaque and Metallic fabric paints, Artist’s Choice brushes Nos. 1 & 6 (fan) hog hair and Windsor and Newton No. 0 (Cotman) paint brushes.
Pattern Modifications: Numerous!
- Didn’t bother to read the instructions.
- Shortened front yoke (now it’s reversible-BettyDraperBiznezBITCH!), shortened front and back ‘skirt’ at waist and at hips.
- Substituted central box pleats and lateral knife pleats for the gathers below the yoke.
- Used knit fabric instead of woven
- Cut the front yoke on the straight (not on the cross-it’ll stretch!) fold instead of on the bias.
- Cut the back yolk on the (straight) fold also.
- Used 0.5 cm wide transparent lingerie elastic to shore up the shoulder seams (this is a must - I consider it a pre-requisite for all knit wear but especially so for a garment like this where the shoulder seams support 3x the usual amount of fabric weight). Omit this step if you like the off-shoulder look enough to risk accidental wardrobe malfunction.
Instigator: Karen ~Thank you pretty lady, I doff my (bobble) hat at thee.
Like it? Pattern pyramid giveaway here (ends July 26, 2012).
All non-self-generated images remain copyright of their original owners and are used here for purposes of review and discussion.